How Can a Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney Help Me if I’m Facing Arson Charges?
Facing arson charges is nothing to take lightly. Those convicted of an arson offense can face several penalties, including but not limited to:
- Anywhere from months to years to even life in prison;
- Thousands of dollars in fines;
- Months and even years of probation, including reporting to a probation officer and being prohibited from leaving the state without permission;
- Paying restitution to a property owner to cover the cost of the arson damage.
Anyone facing such serious consequences needs to have a criminal attorney that they trust to defend their rights and who will fight on their behalf to make sure they are treated fairly within the criminal justice system. Such an attorney will:
- Ensure the prosecution is held to the highest standard as it attempts to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt
- Thoroughly investigate the case and gather all necessary evidence to mount an appropriate defense
- Provide representation during arraignment and negotiating bail
- Handle pre-trial motions and hearings
- Represent clients in trials and other court appearances as well as before a grand jury or preliminary hearing
- Negotiate pleas and sentencing with the DA’s office
What Happens If I’m Accused of Committing Arson?
What happens in the wake of an arson accusation often depends on several factors, such as the type of arson allegedly committed and in which state the act is alleged to have taken place. While arson punishment can vary depending on the laws of the state where the crime was committed, in general, arson encompasses any act of illegally burning property whether you intentionally burn your own property or someone else’s property. For those accused of committing arson, factors that can decide the severity of the charges they could face include:
- Whether or not the incident involved an explosion
- The level of property damage
- Who owns the property involved
- The intent of the alleged perpetrator
- Whether or not recklessness is believed to have led to the alleged arson
- Whether a person was injured or killed as a result of the arson
I Need a Los Angeles Criminal Attorney for Arson Defense
Criminal defense attorney Daniel Leib of Leib Law has years of experience ensuring clients’ rights are upheld under the Constitutions of California and the United States. Attorney Leib’s case results are a testament to his dedication to justice and ensuring his clients are treated fairly throughout the legal process.
To learn more about arson cases or schedule a free consultation with our Los Angeles criminal attorney, call us directly or fill out our online contact form.